The Bristal Assisted Living Residence offers the ultimate in senior living providing Care Beyond Compare to all our Residents. The Bristal Assisted Living provides seniors a living environment that is safe and nurturing, nestled in surroundings that are luxurious and comfortable. We offer our Residents the necessary support to lead happy, self-directed lives.
The Bristal Assisted Living is further expanding in the Westchester County, New York area with a new luxurious assisted living community to be opened in the future. At the present time we are seeking a Housekeeping Director who is meticulous and pays extraordinary attention to detail.
In this working supervisory role, the Housekeeping Director will be responsible for the planning, organization, development and direction of the overall operation for the housekeeping and laundry service areas of an Assisted Living Residence to include both Resident rooms and common areas of the property, The Housekeeping Director is required to inspect, maintain and assure that the highest degree of Resident quality and comfort is preserved at all times.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Plan work schedules to ensure adequate service and coverage.
- Perform all employment actions and decisions for Housekeeping Department.
- Inspect and evaluate physical condition of all areas of the building, coordinating with the Maintenance Department for any needed repairs
- Inspect all work in progress completed by staff or outside contractors and maintains cleanliness checklists.
- Train staff and conduct monthly in-services for staff.
- Maintain strict inventory and order supplies as needed
- Maintain all files and records consistent with the adequate functioning of the departments.
- Performs regular inspections of Resident areas and rooms for sanitation, safety and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Shampoo rugs in both Resident and common areas.
- Ensure proper safety and security regarding Resident belongings and items used in carrying out housekeeping and laundry functions.
This position requires working a schedule to include 1 weekend day per week.
- Prior experience managing a housekeeping staff required (Applicants without management experience will not be considered)
- Hotel/ hospitality or similar luxury residency property industry experience preferred
- A pleasant and courteous demeanor when dealing with peers, staff, guest, Residents and management.
- Must be very thorough with cleaning practices
- Experience providing cleaning services in a fast paced environment
- Experience with a senior population preferred
- Must be able to communicate in English.
The Bristal offers comprehensive benefits and competitive pay.
The Bristal is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.